Working with the layouts!

I started with making the designs of the layouts. The task was to make Santali Olchiki and Soni layouts for the keyboard. I looked at the code of the other layouts to get a basic understanding of how they were working.

Soni Layout
It took some time to understand how the transliteration codes were working.I did changes in the ime submodule for the layout. I messed up with the locale names and fixed that later. The changes were merged! Then I updated  the submodule on the Indic keyboard branch .

Santali Olchiki Layout

Previously I made the inscript layout of Santali Olchiki but after discussion with the mentor, it was decided to work on the phonetic layout as it can fit in smaller layout and thus easier to type too. I made the design of the keyboard and wrote the code for it and tested on the device. It is coming out fine too.

After that I explored various keyboard apps to see their setup wizards.

My task for the next week is to detect whether a language is supported by the system or not. I am planning to do it by checking if a character is typed it gives empty results or not. I will look for other ways too. I will update about the progress in the next blog.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s